Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016)
GATE 2016 is a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IISc Banglore for admissions to M.TECH, M.E courses at IITs and NITs and many more private universities across India. The GATE exam will be conducted from January 30 to February 07, 2016 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
The IISc Banglore and all the IITs organize this examination along with Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education and the Government of India.
NOTE: Here is the Virtual calculator for GATE 2016
GATE 2016 will be held for a total of 23 papers inclusive of a new one –Petroleum Engineering. There is provision for a buffer session on February 20, 2016 which may be used to hold the exam in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
Here are the zones which will organize the examine:
Zone 1: Indian Institute of Science Bangalore – The Organizing Institute for GATE 2016
Zone 2: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Zone 3: Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Zone 4: Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Zone 5: Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Zone 6: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Zone 7: Indian Institute of Technology Madras
Zone 8: Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission- September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)
Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website – October 8, 2015 (Thursday)
Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login- November 20, 2015 (Friday)
Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing- December 17, 2015 (Thursday)
GATE 2016 Online Examination
- Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon January 30 to February 07, 2016
- Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
- (On Saturdays and Sundays only)
Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website – March 19, 2016 (Saturday)
You can check out Gate Syllabus Here
What’s new this year?
- Online Calculator- Candidates will have to use the online virtual calculator that will be provided during the exam. Physical calculators will not be allowed.
- Revised Syllabus- The GATE Syllabi has been revised. Candidates must check the revised GATE 2016 Syllabus for their preparation
- New Paper- A new Paper has been introduced from GATE 2016 namely Petroleum Engineering
- Provision of GATE Answer Key: The GATE 2016 Answer Key will be provided after the exam is over for candidates to check. They can challenge the GATE 2016 Answer Key on payment of a nominal fee for a specified period of time.
GATE 2016 Exam Pattern:
The GATE Paper comprises of two types of questions – Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Questions. Multiple Choice Questions will have a correct answer from four options given while Numerical Questions have to be calculated and answered with the help of of a keypad. The GATE 2016 Question Paper will be designed to test students on their comprehension and application skills, recall as well as analytical abilities.
It may be noted that General Aptitude Questions are compulsory for all papers and will carry questions for 15 marks.
GATE 2016 Exam Pattern as per the Paper code is as follows:
- Papers with codes AE, AG, BT, CE, CH, CS, EC, EE, IN, ME, MN, MT, PI, TF and XE: Engineering Mathematics (15% of total marks), General Aptitude section (15% of total marks) and Main subject of the paper (70% percentage of the total marks).
- Papers with codes AR, CY, EY, GG, MA, PH and XL: General Aptitude section (15% of total marks) and Main subject of the paper (85% percentage of the total marks).
- GATE 2016 XE Paper will have a
compulsory section in Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude along
with any two of XE sections B to G.
- GATE 2016 XL Paper Pattern
will have a compulsory section inSection H in Chemistry and General
Aptitude along with any two of XL sections I to M
|Eligible Qualifying Degree||Eligibility of the Candidates as per
the academic year of passing
|B.E./B.Tech/ B.Arch/ B.Pharm. ( 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed|
|B.S (Post-Diploma/ 4 years after 10+2)||Currently in the 4th year or already completed|
|M.Sc./M.A./ MCA or equivalent||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|Int. M.E/ M.Tech
(Post BSc) (Four year programme)
|Currently in the 2nd/3rd/4th year or already completed|
|Integrated M.E./M.Tech or 5 year Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2) –||Currently in the 4th/5th year or already completed|
|Integrated M. Sc/ Integrated 5 year B.S.-M.S.||Currently in the final year or already completed|
|Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch)||Completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses|
Before going to exam do check Examinations Tips to keep your calm