The Product Manager is an important part of an organization and hence a Product Manager salary is also a crucial aspect he needs to be paid good so as to grow the company to its fullest extent, before getting into the deep sector determining a product manager salary.
Who is a Product Manager?
- 1 Who is a Product Manager?
- 1.1 What are the roles of a product manager?
- 1.2 How Much is Product Manager Salary?
- 1.3 Product Manager Salary According to Companies
The concept of Product Manager is similar to the concept of a brand manager at a consumer packaged goods company. It can be said that the Product Manager is the CEO of the particular product assigned to him and he is responsible for building a strategy, a roadmap and execution plan towards the product. The Product Manager Salary depends on the overall profit and loss of the product.
The definition of a product manager can be stated as
“to discover a product that is valuable, usable and feasible”
What are the roles of a product manager?
- Acts as the CEO of the Product
- Product Manager salary owns “what” and “why”.
- Focus is on customers, markets, trends, and revenue
- Drives creativity in the organization
- Does market research
- Develops a list of feature set for product
- Creates product flow
- Manages the product roadmap
- Develops use cases
- Manages the issue list
- Understands business as well as user experience
- Can influence product shipping dates and market
- Product Manager salary is evaluated on success of the product itself
- A product manager is successful if the customer has brought and using the product
So here was a rough overview on what exactly is a product manager and how exactly a product management functions, without wasting much time lets move on to the most important topic and what you all guys have been waiting for :p
Lets get to it
How Much is Product Manager Salary?
The salary of a product manager differs from country to country as we move from east to west but we can go with an average number by considering the overall Product Manager Salary.
Product Manager Salaries in the United States
The average Product Manager Salary in the United States is
Product Manager salaries according to Cities
Salary of Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
|Product Manager Salary in San Francisco||$117,444|
|Product Manager Salary in New York City||$104,458|
|Product Manager Salary in San Francisco||$96,866|
|Product Manager Salary in Boston||$101,600|
|Product Manager Salary in Atlanta||$94,761|
|Product Manager Salary in Austin||$98,514|
|Product Manager’s Salary in Seattle||$114,134|
|Product Manager’s Salary in San diego||$103,124|
|Product Manager’s Salary in Denver, CO||$88,392|
|Product Manager’s Salary in Dallas||$95,247|
|Product Manager’s Salary in Minneapolis||$95,000|
Product Manager Salary According to Companies
|Dun & Bradstreet||$1,30,116|
|Johnson & Johnson|