Linkers Loaders Software
Linkers and Loaders:
Basic loaders functions, central loaders scheme, absolute loaders, Subroutine linkers, relocation loader, Direct linking loader, Dynamic linking loader,
Design of absolute loaders and direct linking loader
Software tools: Software tools for program development, editors, debug monitor, programming environment, user interfaces.
Tools for program Development
- Debug monitor
- Programming Environment
- User Interfaces
2.To determine the format of and display
3.Specify and execute operation
4.Update the view appropriately
Text editor are of following types
- Line Editors
- Sreen Editors
- Word processors
- Structure Editiors
- Text editor are of following types
- It is primitive form of editor
- User has to specify line to change text
- Interaction with the editors is through a set of commands , this makes a editor less user friendly
- E.g. VI editor, VIM editor
- Screen editors enables to modify any text by moving cursor to desired location.
- This is very useful while formatting the text to produce printed document
- E.g. office document.
- A word processor recognize word a basic entity
- It support spell check option
- It has following options
1.Moving a section of text from one place to another
2.Delecting a section of text
3.Searching a word
4.Merging of text
5.Replacement of word
- A structure editor has awareness of structure of document.
- A structure is specified by user while creating and modifying the document.
- E.g. LatTex
- Editing module is collection of module deling with editing tasks.
- Travelling module of editor performs the setting of the current editing and viewing pointers
- In viewing module start of the area to be view is determine by current viewing pointer
- Debug monitor provides following facilities
- Setting breakpoints in the program
- Initiating a debug conversation
- Displaying values of variables
- Assigning new values to variable
- Debugging system provides functions such as tracing and trackback.
- Tracking used to track the flow of execution logic and data modification
- Trackback can show path by which the current statement reached
- In debugging user specifies breakpoints and action to be performed
- Programming environment is an integrated program development environment
- It has following facilities
- Program creation
- Testing and debugging
- A user interface plays an important role in simplifying the interaction of user with application
- UI functioning has two important aspects
- Issuing Commands
- Excange of data